Atlanta Counseling Center
American Counseling Association
Georgia Counselor Licensing Board
Georgia Counselor Licensing Rules
Georgia Psychology Licensing Board
Georgia Psychology Licensing Rules
Georgia Therapist Licensing Verification
Georgia Therapist Licensing Renewal
Georgia Psychological Association
American Psychological Association
APA-Accredited Doctoral Programs
American Board of Professional Psychology
American Board of Professional Neuropsychology
National Register of Health Service Psychologists
National Psychologist Locator
National Directory of Psychologists
Canadian Directory of Psychologists
Christian Directory of Psychologists
Georgia Directory of Psychologists
Georgia Crisis and Access Line
Georgia Composite Board
Contact Composite Board
Contact Psychology Board
Contact Dr. Doverspike
Thank you for taking time to visit my site. I have 40 years of experience as a psychologist, including 35 years of private practice in Atlanta. My office is located at the Atlanta Counseling Center. Founded in 1967, the Atlanta Counseling Center has long been known as the oldest multidisciplinary Christian counseling center in Atlanta. My training is in human behavior and in using effective ways of helping people with the following goals:
- Identify life situations that cause problems in daily living.
- Change problem behaviors, habits, and thoughts.
- Discover better ways to cope with life's challenges.
- Deal more effectively with difficult and stressful situations.
- Improve overall emotional, physical, and spiritual health.
When thinking about talking to a counselor, choose a professional with appropriate education, training, and experience. Whether you receive a referral from a friend, pastor, physician, or family member, determine for yourself whether the person is properly trained and qualified to meet your needs. When choosing the best counselor, be sure the person meets these critera:
- Proper professional training, credentials, and licensure.
- Respectable standing in his or her professional organizations.
- Adherence to a code of ethics that guides his or her professional conduct.
- Competence and experience with your specific interests, problems, and goals.
It is important to choose a counselor who is competent and with whom you are comfortable, so speak with a few before making your choice. If you think I am the type of person you would like to consult, please call me at 770-913-0506.
Remember, what you will be one day is what you are becoming now---one choice at a time.
Bill Doverspike, Ph.D.