Thank you for taking time to visit my site. I have 30 years of experience as a psychologist, including 25 years of private practice in Atlanta. My office is located at the Atlanta Counseling Center. Founded in 1967, the Atlanta Counseling Center has been known as the oldest multidisciplinary Christian counseling center in Atlanta. My training is in human behavior and in using effective ways of helping people with the following goals:
- Identify life situations that cause problems in daily living.
- Change problem behaviors, habits, and thoughts.
- Figure out better ways to cope with life's challenges.
- Deal more effectively with difficult and stressful situations.
- Improve overall emotional, physical, and spiritual health.
When thinking about talking to a counselor, choose a professional with appropriate education, training, and experience. Whether you receive a referral from a friend, pastor, physician, or family member, determine for yourself whether the person is properly trained and qualified to meet your needs. When choosing the best counselor, be sure the person meets these critera:
- Proper professional training, credentials, and licensure.
- Respectable standing in his or her professional organization.
- Adherence to a code of ethics that guides his or her professional conduct.
- Competence and experience with your specific interests, problems, and goals.
It is important to choose a counselor who is competent and with whom you are comfortable, so speak with a few before making your choice. If you think I am the type of person you would like to consult, please call me at 770-913-0506.
Remember, what you will be one day is what you are becoming now---one choice at a time.
Bill Doverspike, Ph.D.